ITGUY London Limited GDPR Statement Updated 1st February 2018
ITGUY London Limited is a registered company in England and Wales. Registered Number 09390513. Registered Office: Unit B10, 3 Bradbury Street, London N16 8JN
ITGUY London Limited embraces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force in EU member states from May 2018.
In essence, the GPDR puts into practice its six underlying principles to protect the individual and the personally identifiable information (PII).
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency. Lawful: Processing must meet the tests described in GDPR [article 5, clause 1(a)]. Fair: What is processed must match up with how it has been described. Transparency: Explain to the subject what data processing will be done.
- Purpose limitations: Define what it is being used for and not be used for other purposes.
- Data minimisation: Only store what is required.
- Accuracy: The data is accurate
- Storage limitations: No longer than necessary.
- Integrity and confidentiality: It is held securely and, if stored online or in the cloud, it is encrypted by default.
There is currently no “GDPR data compliance certificate” as such. The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) can audit any organisation to assess whether they are compliant or not. Failure to comply or evidence of gross data breaches can produce a fine of up to 4% of annual turnover or up to 20 million Euro fine.
ITGUY has been involved in an ongoing process to strive for GDPR compliance since April 2017.
To date, the company has:
- All staff have received training on what GDPR entails and they understand what data on individuals should be held or not.
- Data-mapped all client data held by and on behalf of ITGUY London Limited.
- All third parties that store PII has been contacted and asked to show their commitment and intention to comply with GDPR.
- ITGUY London Limited performs a regular data review to identify what data is no longer needed and will delete it.
- ITGUY attained the Cyber Essentials Plus certification in April 2017. Our 2018 certificate number is CEP-CSL-180401.